Wednesday, June 6

I've been waiting for an overnight full moon for a while, and monday night was a good night. The subtle light streak along the car is from the moon moving across the sky between 11pm and 5am. I left the shutter open too long (until about 5:30am) so I caught too much of the dawn light, which kind of washed out the moon-effect, but... you get the idea.



I was actually going to sleep next to the tripod to make sure no one stole my camera in the middle of the night, but then I decided to sleep in the back of my car, in case that someone was a hungry mountain lion.

1 comment:

  1. I thought for a moment that this might be a great idea for a family photo, but then I realized we're talking six hours of sitting.

    Very, very cool photo, by the way.

    Maybe if you did this to one of those tiny European cube cars it would make them look cooler.

    ...

    N...no. Maybe not.

    ReplyDelete