Saturday, March 10


I lived here for 3 months, once. On the roof. Because it was the most exciting thing in new york city. At least it was for me. Seeing the tops of all the buildings and the slow sunsets on a hot day with a soft breeze, I wasn't sure why people would want to be down on the street. I came up here just about every day after work and sat on the abandoned lawn chair I had discovered.

I suppose it might be more enticing to explore the insides of buildings during the winter season.

2 comments:

  1. For some reason I want this to be a movie poster with your writing at the top and then the date of release at the bottom.

    It's an untitled movie, of course, but you and I both know it would secretly be called "The Lawn Chair", but that's only if it's rated R. Maybe "Lawnless Abandon" if PG-13, "Lawn Chairs" if it's PG, and...I don't know, something like "Nathan in the Big Apple" if it's G. In novel form—from which the movie is undoubtedly adapted—it would be known as "Days on the Roof", and would likely be a memoir.

    ReplyDelete