Tuesday, August 11
Nostalgia at its best
Yesterday I went to return a movie to the library and as I was on my way out, I decided to just take a quick stroll around some book shelves. I wasn't sure why. As I approached the first bookshelf, a book caught my eye, "Chicken Trek". I think I read that book three times while I was in elementary school. I realized that I was in the children's literature section and for the next 10 minutes I lived in the blissful past. I spotted a few other childhood treasures like George and Martha, Stone Soup, and The Berenstain Bears. I felt pretty happy remembering those things. I think I should try to remember them more often. I might even go back and visit. =) Can you remember any of your favorite childhood classics?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
April and I did the same thing yesterday! We went to the book sale room at the library...I bought several, but she needs to comment on this, too, and tell you how she bought a whole library for under $5.
ReplyDelete