Wednesday, July 8

Yesterday I was approaching the intersection at the corner of the wilk  and the law school parking lot (you know the place), and this guy pulls out of visitor parking towards the intersection.  Well his wallet and cellphone slid off the roof of his car onto the ground, and didn't even notice it.  Of course, being the young, affluent business man that he was, he couldn't help but speed away from the intersection in his shiny black Acura as I raised my hand in vain to get his attention.  I couldn't let the poor guy drive off and leave his phone and wallet for dead, so I did the only thing I could do.  I threw my banana at his car.  Now, I've never considered myself to be a 'good aim', but I think I can attribute this bullseye to an A- earned in Physics 121.  Let me tell you, you can do anything once you've mastered Newtonian physics.  Velocity, forces, gravity and parabolic projectile paths, it's all very practical. 

Moral of the story:  Take Phys 121 and eat 5 fruits and vegetables daily.

(Yes, I ate it; I couldn't just let a good banana go to waste.  Oh, and he pulled over and I helped him retrieve his missing valuables.)

2 comments:

  1. Sent to Fongs...hope they'll see it next time they check their LHS email :-) Shows that physics is always relevant!

    ReplyDelete